The 2004 release from Hawksley Workman.
"If you are interested in singer-songwriters with lyrical wit and musical flair, then Hawksley Workman is as good as it gets. The Canadian is a consummate multi-instrumentalist with a rich voice, capable of soaring from a scratchy baritone to a sharp falsetto, but it is his highly original perspective that is truly arresting. Surreally comical without forsaking emotional integrity, he has a gift for making listeners reappraise the obvious. His third major label album is subtitled "Hymns for a Dying Planet and a Culture in Decay". Jettisoning the widescreen pop-rock of 2003's stunning Lover/Fighter for something more restrained and intimate, he contemplates the big issues with the satirical delight of the master of ceremonies at an end of the world cabaret." - Telegraph, UK
Learn more about Hawksley Workman at http://www.hawksleyworkman.com
Learn more about Isadora Records at http://www.isadorarecords.com/
Possible influences include: David Bowie, Randy Newman, Tom Waits
Previews - Before We Were Security Guards
01. Hawksley Workman - Every Creepy Pusher - Listen!
02. Hawksley Workman - My Declicious Chocolate Cake - Listen!
03. Hawksley Workman - The Boat - Listen!
04. Hawksley Workman - It's True - Listen!
05. Hawksley Workman - I Can Be a Rock - Listen!
06. Hawksley Workman - Taxi Drivers - Listen!
07. Hawksley Workman - Watching To Fires - Listen!
08. Hawksley Workman - Canadian Motorcycle Gangs - Listen!
09. Hawksley Workman - What Could I Tell You - Listen!
10. Hawksley Workman - Your Naked Body - Listen!
- Album package comes with complete artwork including one PDF page.
Album File Size - MP3 Format - 46.09 MB
Album File Size - CD-quality Lossless FLAC Format - 195.86 MB