The cosmic and adventurous 2001 debut release from Toronto's The Hylozoists.
"From their secret lab in Seabright, NS, the Hylozoists emerge with a sumptuous slice of lush, cinematic, post-chamber pop. That this much brilliance can come from one studio has conspiracy theorists buzzing about alien/human gene splicing, musician cloning, secret societies and ties to an ancient sect of pre-Socratic Greek philosophers. The Hylozoists' mastermind and orchestrator Paul Aucoin (Hopeful Monster, Bodaga and the Heavy Blinkers) has arranged an equally cerebral and catchy collection of instrumental gems utilising a small orchestra that includes, among other instruments, a string trio, wood winds, banjo, mandolin, theremin, pedal steel, vibraphone, marimba, glockenspiel and antique keyboards." - Exclaim!
Learn more about The Hylozoists at http://www.myspace.com/hylozoists
Learn more about Boompa Records at http://www.boompa.ca
. Possible influences include: Calexico, Broken Social Scene, Final Fantasy, Glenn Gould Previews - La Nouvelle Gauche
01. The Hylozoists - The Hylozoists - Listen!
02. The Hylozoists - New Realms of Vibration Translation - Listen!
03. The Hylozoists - The People is Never Corrupt - Listen!
04. The Hylozoists - Parisian Eyes - Listen!
05. The Hylozoists - The Crippled Eyes - Listen!
06. The Hylozoists - The Iron Chef - Listen!
07. The Hylozoists - Details@Five - Listen!
08. The Hylozoists - Red Bird Wishes - Listen!
09. The Hylozoists - Street of Corcodiles - Listen!
10. The Hylozoists - Permeability - Listen!
11. The Hylozoists - Reprise - Listen! Hear all samples at once - Listen! Bonus
- Album package comes with complete artwork including one PDF page.
Album File Size - MP3 Format - 53.92 MB