Paul Quarrington's classic book was made into a movie in 1994. The Rheostics were tapped to create the music. The result is this piece of Can-rock music and movie history. Original Music Performed and Composed by Rheostatics. Score by George Blondheim.
For more than two decades, the Rheostatics have mapped new frontiers across Canada, embracing the nation that bore them and reinterpreting its sea-to-shining-sea grandeur in music of startling variety and indisputable beauty. The band has remained fiercely loyal to a unique vision that is entirely dependent upon the alchemical interaction of its members, the catalyzing friction that renders gold from lesser metals - and that distinguishes the Rheostatics from bands of lesser mettle.
The album features the original Rheostatics lineup of Dave Bidini, Dave Clark, Martin Tielli, and Tim Vesely. Can-rock pioneers!
You can learn more about this band at www.rheostatics.ca
Possible influences include: Little Feat, The Band, Rush and
Previews - Music From The Motion Picture Whale Music
1. Rheostatics - Song of Congregation - Listen!
2. Rheostatics - Find Me Mookie Saunders - Listen!
3. Rheostatics - Torque Torque - Listen!
4. Rheostatics - Desmond's Reflections - Listen!
5. Rheostatics - Dez's Lament/Claire - Listen!
6. Rheostatics - Ocean Courtship - Listen!
7. Rheostatics - Song of Flight - Listen!
8. Rheostatics - Fried Brain - Listen!
9. Rheostatics - Song of Danger - Listen!
10. Rheostatics - Song of Courtship - Listen!
11. Rheostatics - Goodbye, Claire - Listen!
12. Rheostatics - Song of Sadness - Listen!
13. Rheostatics - Euqrot, Euqrot - Listen!
14. Rheostatics - End Title - Listen!
15. Rheostatics - Deconstruct Me, Claire - Listen!
Album File Size - MP3 Format - 61.71 MB
Album File Size - CD-quality FLAC Format - 218.43 MB