The 1994 release from King Cobb Steelie, re-released in 2012 on Pheromone Recordings.
King Cobb Steelie - the band - is steeped in a tradition similar to that of their namesake. This dub wise punk, electro funk band has made some of the most interesting Canadian pseudo-pop music for the past decade. Constantly changing and evolving, they have become one of Canada's most respected bands.
King Cobb Steelie must have friends in pretty prominent places, because
somehow the band's "everything-including-the-kitchen-sink" approach managed
to attract the attention of none other then Bill Laswell, who agreed to
produce the follow-up. As you'd expect, the album shows the band leaning less
toward jagged punk stylings and more toward sinewy, atmospheric dub.
Sometimes the vocals disappear completely while the band lays into a groove,
but this is not altogether a bad thing. Although "Triple Oceanic Experience"
was nearly a hit single, the album's centerpiece is the
nine-and-a-half-minute "80% Knockout," which brings together all of the
band's influences in a beautifully sparse package.
Learn more about King Cobb Steelie at http://www.kingcobbsteelie.net/
Possible influences include: The Talking Heads, George Clinton and Bjork
Previews - Project Twinkle
01. King Cobb Steelie - Slump - Listen!
02. King Cobb Steelie - Triple Oceanic Experience - Listen!
03. King Cobb Steelie - Maynard - Listen!
04. King Cobb Steelie - Italian Ufology Today - Listen!
05. King Cobb Steelie - Gamblore - All Flights Go To Moscow - Listen!
06. King Cobb Steelie - The Pollinator - Listen!
07. King Cobb Steelie - 80 % Knockout - Listen!
08. King Cobb Steelie - Lunar Rotisserie - Listen!
09. King Cobb Steelie - Mano Ponderosa - Listen!
10. King Cobb Steelie - Technique - Listen!
11. King Cobb Steelie - Italian Ufology Today - Mad Professor Remix -
- Album package comes with complete artwork including five PDF pages.
Album File Size - MP3 Format - 156.25 MB
Album File Size - CD-quality Lossless FLAC Format - 471.16 MB