The 2002 album from Cuff The Duke. Originally released on Three Gut Records, now available through Hardwood.
"Wayne Petti's voice takes some inspiration from Gordon Gano (Violent Femmes) and David Lowery (Camper Van Beethoven), with some word choices that would impress either of them. "This is the love that men desire, hooking your heart on a flaming wire." Add three shirtless (at least in most of their photos) teenagers on guitar, lap steel and Hammond organ (among others) aspiring to be both Calexico and The Wooden Stars, speed it up to Bloodshot Records standards, then break it down with some very fine instrumentals, and it all sounds quite a bit like the soundtrack to Nashville that Carolyn Mark did last year. While I'm throwing out lazy comparisons, might as well say they seem like the esoteric younger brothers of both Sloan and Royal City." - Mote
Learn more about Cuff The Duke at http://www.cufftheduke.com
Learn more about Hardwood Records at http://www.hardwoodrecords.com
. Possible influences include: Les Paul, The Clash, Merle Haggard
01. Cuff The Duke - Blackheart - Listen!
02. Cuff The Duke - Hey Baby - Listen!
03. Cuff The Duke - The Difference Between Us - Listen!
04. Cuff The Duke - Hobo Night Stalker - Listen!
05. Cuff The Duke - Long Winter - Listen!
06. Cuff The Duke - Lonely Path - Listen!
07. Cuff The Duke - Ballad Of A Lonely Construction Worker - Listen!
08. Cuff The Duke - Anti-Social - Listen!
09. Cuff The Duke - Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump - Listen!
10. Cuff The Duke - The Trouble And The Truth - Listen! Bonus
- Album package comes with complete artwork including four PDF pages.
Album File Size - MP3 Format - 55.43 MB
Album File Size - CD-quality Lossless FLAC Format - 282.21 MB