An Album, a Book and a Recipe - 10 Years of Zunior
Zunior has been around for 10 years! To celebrate the occasion we have commissioned a collection of projects that celebrate the spirit of independent art in Canada. This will include a cover album (Tony Dekker), and a cookbook (from some of the best musicians and writers in Canada)! The common theme is Canadian art in the form of music/books/food and the musicians that tie it all together.
- Tony Dekker (Great Lake Swimmers
) has recorded an album of lo fi acoustic covers, picking from songs released on Zunior albums over the past 10 years. This collection called Tony Dekker sings 10 Years of Zunior
was released on August 5, 2014 on Zunior and 100% of the retail price
goes to the Daily Bread Foodbank.
2. Zunior Eats Cookbook
- Curated by Dave Ullrich (Zunior, The Inbreds
), and assembled by our friend Pat Cian, this project
assembles a unique collection of recipes from some of our favourite musicians and writers into a high resolution PDF
that can be purchased as an eBook on Zunior.com, and also as and on-demand hard cover cookbook
. 100% of the retail price of the digital download goes to the Daily Bread Foodbank.
3. Comic Book - Our old friend Trevor Waurechen will create a special comic book to commemorate 10 years of Canadian digital indie goodness from coast to coast. All proceeds from the sale will go to the Daily Bread Foodbank.
4. Map Painting and Flag
- Martin Tielli is producing a unique Canadian map painting
that will be used to create a new kind of flag. All proceeds from the sale will go to the Daily Bread Foodbank.
As always, proceeds from all of these projects will go to the Daily Bread Foodbank. We've been supporting them since day one and we thank all the Zunior artists, writers and volunteers that have helped us with various projects just like this one over the years.
Live Music Bonus!
- We sponsored our very first music festival on Saturday, September 13, 2014 in Prince Edward County called Sandbanks Music Festival
. The event featured the music, food, film and art from some of our favourite (and your favourite) indie artists!